[NTLK] Can I Access the Internet Via the Serial Connector to My Desktop?

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 06:19:59 PST

Can I Access the Internet Via the Serial Connector to My Desktop?

I was wondering if I could get web news onto my Newton via the serial cable.
I do not have a modem card at the moment, so I am wondering how useful the
serial cable would be? I have successfully used the Newton Connection Utility
to load new programs onto the Newton, but that is about it. So, here is the
question: If I were to use some sort of browser program and the Newton PC serial
cable, would I be able to "surf" via my desktop? I just want to get news and
information, similar to what I can currently do with AvantGo on my Toshiba
Pocket PC.
Thanks for your consideration.

Matt K.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html