Re: [NTLK] PB5300 and wifi

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 14:44:14 PST

>From: Rick Ludwig <bensisko_at_mac.com>
>Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:41:37 -0600

>I don't think WiFi will work with system 7.6. I thought I remember
>something about this when researching for my PB3400 (my solution was to
>upgrade it to OS 9).

I used to have my Wallstreet (I miss it) networked with a Lucent WaveLAN Silver (which I now use with the Newt) running OS 8.6. Trouble is: You cannot install the AirPort Software on a sub-OS9 system, so you need to run an app that simulates OS9. I think it was called FakeOS9 (This was almost three years ago though), and/or you have to extract the AirPort installer manually. I do not remember whether you still need the FakeOS9 afterwards or just for the installation.

Oliver :)

--
"The possibilities are endless. I love that."  - Jonathan Ive
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html