[NTLK] OT: Windows laptop with AirPort possible?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Jan 10 2004 - 20:13:08 PST

I got this crappy laptop from work which I need to setup in the event I got
production support to do. It is a Dell Latitude D600 with the Dell
TrueMobile 1300, which is a 802.11b wireless card.

I have an ABS that works fine with my PowerBook, but no matter what I did, I
can't seem to connect the friggin' PC on the network. I changed the settings
for TCP/IP for a static address, since all my computers on my network have a
static IP address, I entered all information for the router and the DNS
server, the thing still report that there is no network. The laptop comes
with a control panel named "TrueMobile 1300 Client Utility". This control
panel lets me see and connect to network. I can see my ABS name and
configure it. Still, no network connection.

What am I missing? Friggin', stupid Windows crap!

-Laurent.

fish n.: [Adelaide University, Australia] 1. Another metasyntactic variable.
See foo. Derived originally from the Monty Python skit in the middle of "The
Meaning of Life" entitled "Find the Fish". 2. A pun for `microfiche'. A
microfiche file cabinet may be referred to as a `fish tank'.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html