Re: [NTLK] OT macworld 04 pix

From: David M. Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 23:15:32 PST

Never thought of it that way but yeah ...

You could make the same comparison to the Newton project actually. In
comparison to what was originally envisioned with the Knowledge
Navigator concept movies the Newton simply does not live up ... of
course those capabilities are still impossible with today's technology.
But consider it was envisioned to have:

Completely voice driven OS that responded to and queried the user via
voice taking natural english commands.

Wireless data communication at speeds to allow full screen, high res.
video conferencing on a resolution scaling display.

A screen that doubles as a scanning surface.

Software that can perform ORC on any document accurately and then
interpret the text and symbols as context for user voice commands.

Some pretty incredible stuff ...

David

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html