Re: [NTLK] OT macworld 04 pix

From: Nathan Turnage (nturnage_at_andadv.com)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 11:38:01 PST

RossO wrote:
> Apple is going about this in a weird way: They're selling the Razors by
> giving away the Blades. It's kinda odd.

I agree. Check this out: http://theregister.co.uk/content/39/34736.html

I think this guy is right about almost everything. I still think the 4Gb
iPod should be $149, but people are sheep and everyone loves Apple
products in fruity flavors, so they will probably sell a ton. Doesn't
change the fact that they are overpriced. The guy who wrote the article
is right: it was pointless to pitch supercomputers to a bunch of
consumers. The supercomputer nonsense should have been pushed at a
seminar like SIGGRAPH instead, where people need that kind of power (and
can afford it).

This is the second year in a row where StevieJ has pushed this music
crap. I, for one, don't care about Apple's music prowess. I am an artist
not a musician. This is the 20th anniversary of the Macintosh, and the
only thing they did to commemorate it was make a rehash of the original
commercial. That is not thinking differently.

Peace,
Nate

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html