[NTLK] OT: ?'s about blogging

From: Nathan Turnage (nturnage_at_andadv.com)
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 08:07:30 PST

Hello all,

II work in an advertising and marketing firm, and was jsut informed that
the higher ups would like me to spend some time looking into web logs.
It turns out that alot of corporations have started blooging as a means
to get closer to their customers. Seeing as how I have never set one up,
I have some questions for those that have.

1: Do I need some sort of sepcialized software to build content or serve
content for one?

2: Can I use normal HTML tools to add info on one?

3: Do I have to use one of the specialized services (blogspot, etc.) to
put one online? Or can my ISP serve it as normal HTML in my webpage?

4: If I was to have my ISP serve my blog, do they need special
software/services to be set up to do so (cgi, asp, etc.)?

5: What questions should I be asking my ISP if I want them to host it?

6: Am I making this more difficult than it needs to be?

While I have never set up a blog, I am no stranger to HTML or web
design, so I am not a total newby here. Feel free to speak 'geek' if you
must. Any help or links you guys and gals could turn me on to would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nate

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html