Re: [NTLK] Reset question

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 12:17:06 PST

> If the Newt is asleep when you pull the battery it shouldn't notice
since the capacitor is maintaining the machine state. If you sleep the Newt
with a note open, change the battery and unsleep the Newt the note should
still be open.
> If you pull the battery with the Newt awake all manner of nastiness is
possible.

>Peter

Well I just double checked this, and if you sleep a 2000, pull the battery
and even if you put it right back in, as soon as you turn it on a reset
occurs and does a alert sound and shows a alert box but then the packages
load and it disappears for a sec, then after the packages load it is back up
with another alert sound saying "A reset occured becuase the batteries were
dead". And the clock and date were fine. So pulling the batteries will
reset a 2000. At least with mine anyway.

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html