[NTLK] [ANN] Newted Community Membership Fee Increases

From: Grant Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Fri Jan 02 2004 - 20:45:58 PST

Newted Community Membership Fee Increases

It's one of those things that you really don't want to have to do, but
sometimes it's inevitable. Due to the rising costs of providing the
services of the Newted Community site [1], I have decided that I must
start charging for basic Newted Community Associate-level membership and
also raise the price of the Founders level membership. This will not
affect existing memberships or accounts. Anyone who has already applied
for or obtained an Associates or Founders account will not be affected.
This change only applies to new accounts requested after today. While I
do not believe that the amount I have decided to charge is a drastic
change, it is an increase nonetheless.

Since Stacey Tenen launched the Newted Community back in 1999, the
entry-level Associates membership has always been free. This entry-level
membership will now require payment of a minimal one-time $10USD fee. To
lessen the blow of the new membership fee, I have increased the default
server space available to Associate members from 3MB up to 10MB.

Likewise, the fee for the Founders membership - which previously required
payment of a one-time $10USD fee and included 30MB of server space - has
been increased to $25USD, but now includes 50MB of server space. All in
all, I feel that this is a generous and still quite affordable solution
for community-based email access and web space.

For existing Newted Community members, I am also offering the option of
upgrading their accounts. Associate accounts may upgrade their 3MB of
server space to the 10MB level and Founders accounts may upgrade their
30MB of server space to 50MB. The amount for this upgrade is a one-time
fee of $5, payable through a Paypal form on the site [2].

Additional details regarding what is included in Newted Community
membership may be found on the membership information page [3]. If you
have any questions about these changes or the services the Newted
Community provides, please contact me directly.

Thanks again to everyone for your support of the Newted Community over
the past five years.

[1] http://www.newted.org/
[2] http://www.newted.org/membership/upgrade/
[3] http://www.newted.org/membership/

Grant

Grant Hutchinson Newted Community Handyman
grant_at_newted.dyndns.org newted.dyndns.org
newted_at_mac.com

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html