[NTLK] [OT] Huh - immortal Templars? A Pope's king who's his boss and enemy? What about Prester John? What about China?

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sat Feb 28 2004 - 01:52:11 PST

>Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 09:15:54 -0600
>From: Nathan Turnage <nturnage_at_andadv.com>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Templars was Re: newtontalk Digest V4 #124
>
>I thought the Kinghts of Templar which were to become the Freemasons had
>been destroyed by the Vatican back in the 900s.

Okay. Sounds like I'm in for a history lesson:

How can the very same Templar knights (Tempelritter) that have been
destroyed (i.e. have been EOL'ed) on 900 AD by the Vatican go on and become
the Freemasons 800 years later?

Please do tell, I'm a bit confused about this.

>Chris Edwards wrote:
>
> I seem to remember that in (I think) the sixth centuary the then pope
> had a templer king, a direct decendant of Jesus, given that the vatican
> pretends to be Christian this makes them on opposite sides,

The pope had a king? There was a king of Vatican, or of what?
And what should the Vatican pretend to be if not Christian?
I'm also not sure where it says that Jesus of Nazareth had children, and
who kept the genealogy sorted out over 500 years, pls. advise.
Also I'd appreciate any sugestion of how being a Tempelritter (something
dating from the crusades, i.e. high Middle Ages = 500 + x years later than
6th century) and descendant of Jesus at the same time make you be on
opposite sides to the Vatican, while also being the Pope's king?

Wow, this is all so fascinating! Now we only need to figure out how the
Christian King of the East, mysterious priest-king Prester John, fits into
this picture and where his realm once lay (Orient? Asia? Eritrea or
Ethiopia? Gandhara?) and why nobody admits to any knowledge about him
anymore...
    And let's not forget that the Vatican had sent Jesuit special agents to
China, who discovered parts of Christian teachings in millenia-old Chinese
classics and reported back to Rome that the Chinese were indeed the lost
tribe of Juda. - Betcha Dr. I. Jones didn't tell you any of that in his
courses!

DJV.