Re: [NTLK] Can NCU be made to sync with Palm Desktop?

From: Berthe M. Willumsen (bmw_at_biobase.dk)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 12:26:16 PST

NOW WHAT!?
OK - so I want to fiddle around with my newly refound connection
(wireless) to NCU in Classic to explore Claris organizer file
compatibility with Palm Desktop. Which 'did it' once but now crashes.

I used disk utility to repair permissions to clean up, and started a
fresh NCU sync (dates only) to an empty Claris Organizer file.
NCU lights up using Appletalk and I can use the Mac keyboard and
transfer even large packages....

However.....

Hitting syncronizing (this time independently of whether it is
initiated with a tap on the Newton or click on the Mac) produces
*preparing for Syncronize..' on the mac, 'backing up information' on
the Newt, changing to 'backing up system information' for a fraction
of a sec - and everything stops. If the syncronization is initiated
from the mac I get an errormessage: 'Could not complete Backup
because an error has occurred: (-1).'

So now it won't syncronize anymore (well once per year should be enough...)

NCU has 18000 kb set for preferred size; and I set the COrgAE2 to
4096kb years ago. Restarting Classic doesn't change the behavior. I
have tried changing the file to backup to - same. I have tried to
back up only Names - same.....

Grrrrrr....

Berthe

--