[NTLK] Mail V problems:

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 09:41:13 PST

a few recurring problems with Mail V:

For unknown reasons, whenever I connect to mac.com email account (which
is NOT my primary email in mail V) and there is NO new mail - mail V
'downloads' the information for the newest email again (i'm in browse
mode, not download mode) leaving me with duplicate entries on my
newton.

At seemingly random times - I will open an email and have mail V
download it's contents - but end up with a blank email (no, I didn't
forget to check the 'parts' button to see if it really was html not
text in said email), if this happens any email I try to open (that
wasn't already downloaded to the newt) ends up the same way - until I
restart the newton.

This isn't too bad - except that it would be nice to have a
're-download' option in mail V, so I can force it to re-get the email
from the server.

If I am NOT connected to my email servers, and open an unread email
(again, in browse mode) from my secondary (mac.com) email account, mail
V connects to my primary email (a .edu account) and then 'downloads' a
blank email as described above.

Anyone else run into these? Or is it likely to be something peculiar
with my mac.com and .edu accounts?

---