Re: [NTLK] [OT] Claris Emailer to Mac OS X Mail

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu Feb 26 2004 - 23:35:34 PST

on 2/26/04 9:36 AM, mark smith at mark_at_bbprojects.net wrote:

> It will come down to a matter of taste/needs. FWIW, I would argue that the
> most "emailer-like" client is Entourage. It has more features that are similar
> to the features that made Emailer unique than any other client.

Of course, the reason for Entourage's/Outlook Express's similarities to
Emailer is simple. A chunk of the Emailer team come from the Emailer team.
At least, this is what I read somewhere once. I use Entourage, and have
since 2000. Every few months, I pull out the other apps, and try them, but
none satisfy my needs like Entourage. There always seems to be a lack
somewhere...

There are other alternatives for OS X, such as GyazMail, and the very
unusual and quirky Zoe, which is more of a Google for email, from within
your browser than it is an email client. It is also cross-platform, which
may interest other people. <http://zoe.nu/>

Just thought I would throw these into the ring as well... :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland