[NTLK] [OT] Value of G4 System?

From: John M Powell (jp_at_iwillbefree.com)
Date: Thu Feb 26 2004 - 17:03:48 PST

Wonder if I can get a hand with assessing the value of a G4 system. Please?!
;-) One of my clients was just given a loaded system, and would like to
trade it to me for web development time. They've asked me to figure out what
it's worth (they trust me). As I've always worked on PC's, I've no idea.
I've needed a MAC though as some of my clients deal with them... some stuff
isn't moved over (Quark for example) to a PC platform easily, if at all.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this system's value!

1) G4 - sticker on rear shows;
500 MHZ DP/2X 1M CACHE/256MB SDRAM/40 GB HD/DVD-RAM/56K MODEM/1000 BT/KB
(this system actually has 384mb RAM)
2) Also comes with ZipCD (usb), IMATION SuperDisk USB, and a Belken USB hub
3) MAC OS 9.0.4
4) Acrobat 4.0, Illustrator 8 & 9, InDesign 1.5, PageMaker 6.5.2, Photoshop
6, LiveMotion, Extensis Font Manager (8 & 9 I think), Fontographer 4.1.5,
FreeHand 9.01, PageFlow 1.7.7, QuarkXPress 4.1 and probably a couple others
in there somewhere... (note these all come with original install disks -
previous owner bought whole new system/software).

I think that pretty much does it.

Thanks for your insight!

John M Powell
Iwillbefree.com