Re: [NTLK] [OT] Claris Emailer to Mac OS X Mail

From: mark smith (mark_at_bbprojects.net)
Date: Thu Feb 26 2004 - 11:02:43 PST

Norman Palardy wrote:

> On IMAP it should have almost nothing to do with the client
> unless you have had the client download all the mail.

...if the client is well behaved. Many are not. Some are worse than others. I'm not sure exactly what Mail gets up to at times, but it can get into a right pickle by trying to keep too many plates spinning. In my experience it handles big "moves" on (and even between) servers well, as long as it doesn't try to do too many other things at the same time.

My email service provider has a page with some (but by no means all) client information in case anybody is interested:

http://www.imap-partners.net/clients.html

mark.