[NTLK] How-to use ResEdit to make NTK sound resources

From: Calvin Grier (cgrier_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Feb 26 2004 - 08:14:07 PST

A long time ago I followed someone's tutorial on how to use Resedit to make
a sound file created by SoundApp available for NTK. SoundApp makes nice
sounds, but there's always been a need for an extra step.

I'm fooling around with my old NTK projects on the Mac, and have a bunch of
sound resource files I created. But I've forgotten how to use Resedit to
make NEW sound resources.

There was some procedure for changing the CREATOR to "movr" and the TYPE to
"sfil". Then it was a matter of reassigning the large DATA fork into a SND
resource in the resource fork.

Maybe this is basic stuff for Mac gurus, but I'm rather baffled at this
point. Anyone remember the tutorial or know a simple procedure on how to do
this? I'm running a Mac with OS 8.6.

--Calvin