[NTLK] eMate hinge - Should I be worried?

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 16:07:00 PST

> Anyway, I'm aware of the hinge problem and I'm wondering
> a little about mine. The cover is very stiff opening, yes
> closes quite easily.

Don't wonder about stiffness. Fix it, or have it fixed,
or get mentally prepared for a punched display ribbon cable.
Until then, open it veeeeeeeery slowly, and close it veeeeery
fast.
If, during opening, it feels as if something has snapped, don't
move the lid for even a fraction of a millimeter and have a look
here:

http://www.pda-soft.de/emate_disassemble.html
http://www.inventors-emporium.co.uk/pages/newton-emate-hinge.html

Frank