[NTLK] eMate hinge - Should I be worried?

From: Nick M. (crystal_castle_at_m6.dion.ne.jp)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 00:57:45 PST

Hello folks,

The wife just surprised me the other day with an early b-day present-
an eMate in great condition :^)

Anyway, I'm aware of the hinge problem and I'm wondering a little about
mine. The cover is very stiff opening, yes closes quite easily. I read
in the manual that it takes some pressure to open it (the lid is stiff
to provide stability as a writing surface) but I'm wondering what's
stiff enough, and what's stiff enough to worry about.

Any insight greatly appreciated!

/nickm

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html