Re: [NTLK] [ANN] newt in macworld sweden february 2004

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 23:51:25 PST

on 2/20/04 10:33 AM, Roman Pixell at roman_at_pixell.net wrote:

> for those of you who understand swedish, please mind im not the
> responsible for the headlines - IDG is to blame there ;-D

I don't need to know Swedish to recognize _that_ word!!!! Sheesh... I find
it funny how people rave all over how the Newton has survived despite
Apple...

I guess, however, that maybe Newton _was_ the biggest fiasco in the computer
industry... For Apple, that is... Frankly speaking... If Apple had been able
to hold on, what would the Newton be today? Apple messed up, and let go of
one of the greatest assets it's ever had--and it never knew it... So, in
that sense, it is a fiasco--for Apple. There is nothing wrong with the
product, but with how Apple handled it, plain and simple...

Of course, it is arguable that it was never meant to be... The Newton
project certainly bled Apple for long enough...

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland