Re: [NTLK] What the h...(Wireless:WEP vs NOT) help, please....

From: Berthe M. Willumsen (bmw_at_biobase.dk)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 06:58:33 PST

Alan,

I accept everyone's opinion on the sequrity issues, and I did have
connections with WEP off (all tests with restricted MAC addresses).

I really want to understand why 128 WEP and no WEP will give
connection but 40 will not? And is the 128 connection partial or full?
It suggests to me that things are not working as expected, and
therefore there might be other aspects of the setup that do not work
as expected, and which ones might they be?

Now if no-one can connect with 40 WEP that would be more easy to
understand, but since so many praise the ability to use the Newt
wirelessly, I expected it to work; although I must say, many threads
on the list are connectivity related....

But I figured we were only the complainers.
Is there a forum for the ones for which it works?

Berthe

PS I am using a newly acquired ethernet card to troubleshoot the
difference between wireless issues and 'connect' issues. So that is a
chapter by itself (as I also see from the list).

--
Berthe
Denmark, MP2100