Re: [NTLK] 2100 Turning On By Itself?

From: Jason Lincoln (jlincoln_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 19:21:53 PST

Thanks to everyone for replying to my post below. I have looked
through the FAQ at chuma.org and have also now realized that my 2100
does not turn off by itself. So I believe that at 3am it wakes up but
does not turn off. So my battery is almost discharged by the time I
get to work.

I have tried changing the sleep preferences to all sorts of settings
but it still does not sleep by itself. The backlight setting in the
sleep preferences works perfectly but not the full sleep setting no
matter what I try.

I also found a thread in the newtontalk archives that prescribes a hard
reset. Does anyone know how safe this is and how exactly to do it the
safest way possible?

Thanks again,
Jason

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html