Re: [NTLK] 3Com ethernet cards

From: John Osborne (tooz_at_oceanatlas.com)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 15:48:37 PST

Paul:

I received the "D" card today and I have some success to report.

First I installed the card in my main MP2100 and nothing much happens
except two error slips:

There is a problem with this card (-61001)
There is a problem opening the Chooser (-61001)

I started getting the same messages with my own "C" card as well so I
don't attribute this to your card. So I didn't get too far.

On my "parts" MP2100 the LED flashes on the Dongle and after selecting
the correct card in internet setup and AppleTalk, I was actually able
to see my networked LaserWriter and actually print something. In the
Dock, I was presented a new (for me) option to connect via DHCP and
then was presented with a chooser that showed me an AppleTalk machine
on my net. I was able to connect to it and download a package to the
Newt! Woo Hoo!

So, at least one of my Newtons can now connect to my network. I will do
some looking into the -61001 error and see if I can find a cause/fix.
Feel free list to chime in on what might be going on. I might have to
brain wipe my main MP2100 and start over.

Thanks again for the loan of the card. If you don't mind, I'd like to
try and get my main MP2100 working before I send it back. I will put it
in the mail no later than Monday (unless you can be talked into selling
it ;)

oz

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html