[NTLK] 32 MB Flash: Partition or not?

From: Berthe M. Willumsen (bmw_at_biobase.dk)
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 09:51:30 PST

I have acquired Pauls ATA driver (http://www.kallisys.com/newton/ata/). :)
I have a 32MB Kodak Picture Card in a Hama typ II PCMCIA adapter
and a 16 MB Panasonic SD in a Hama 5 in 1 PCMCIA adapter
which both passed Pauls file-note-on-card, unmount, re-insert, and
see that it is there- test.

My question to the list members :

Any recommendations with respect to usage and partitions? What is the
advantage of partitions? If the card goes bad, everything goes,
right? Is it a question of speed? Organization? On the list I found
one user who recomended three stores: a 4 MB store (backup'ed to a
flash card (how is that done?)) and two others, sharing the rest of
the space. Any comments on that?

What works for you and why?

--
Berthe