Re: [NTLK] How does one access the Inter.

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 05:06:01 PST

------------------
>I still don't get the whole Internet experience on the Newton. I tried my
>AOL account, but that did not work.

There was 'Aloha' by catamount.com , it was only AOL-Mail and discontinued
a couple of years ago.
*Install 'NIE 2.0' and the modem driver(depending on modem)*.
------------------
>I have heard that people use EarthLink. Do they support the Newton? In
other words, if I spring for an EarthLink
>account,

Yup, I do. It's an ok ISP. I've used them
since 1998 in four diferent states. Look in the archive or google for the
"Earthlink Setup Page for Newton".
>will I be able to get online with my Newton's fax/modem card?

It might be too slow and/or not supported. There are cheap($20.00) pc card
modems that are 28.8-56kb.

!ooW %-)
Pres. of LA Newton Users Group!...over $teve's Live Body.
www.lanug.org

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html