[NTLK] Modern Printers w IrDA lens

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 16 2004 - 06:09:38 PST

Hello Everyone:

Yes, I have many Newton questions today. :O)
I saw an ad for a new portable printer series from Canon. One of these, the
Canon i70 Bubble Jet Printer, has an IrDA lens. The spec said "Windows
compatible only," but I figure nobody at Canon was too concerned with whether this
device could communicate with a Newton. Has anybody used this printer with a
Newton? What about the Canon BJC 55? It also has an IrDA lens.

I have not had any success in getting my Newton to print to any printer with
my Newton Print Pack serial cable (I tried my Canon S600 and my girlfriend's
ancient HP DeskJet 682). I figure it would be easier to find a printer that
can communicate via the IrDA. Any feedback would be welcome. Thank you.

Matt K.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html