Re: [NTLK] MP Connection Problem

From: Manuel Probsthain (manu_at_xonxion.net)
Date: Sun Feb 15 2004 - 06:51:49 PST

Reid wrote:

>However,
>when I tried to connect my MessagePad 2100, I got an error on the Newton's
>screen stating that it received no response from the computer. I have both
>Dock connection types set to 'Serial' on both devices.
>
>What could be wrong with the connection? Is there something I overlooked?

It could be possible that the Interconnect port of your MP2100 is
somehow broken, these have very small solder connections. Due to the
attaching and detaching of the connector these may become loose after
some time...
If this is really the case you could order a SER-001 from PCBman which
provides an internal serial port.

Search the archives for more information about this.

Manu

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html