Re: [NTLK] Student Question

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk)
Date: Sun Feb 15 2004 - 03:10:44 PST

Jeff,

> I'm too young to remember when the Newton was launched, so I don't have
> a lot of first-hand perspective on its ups and downs. I'd honestly
> appreciate any insight into why it's still compelling enough to support
> such an active online community.

You should explore the archives of this list - there are many declarations
of our feelings on all Newton matters.

In particular we were the object of study by researchers interested in these
matters. To start you off take a look at:
<http://fac.comtech.depaul.edu/amuniz/newton.htm>

Search for occurances of Albert's name in the archives and that will tap you
into a lot of the kind of responses you are looking for.

You may wish to contact him to review his research and I believe he is now a
Newton owner himself and will probably still be on the list.

Joel.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html