[NTLK] FS: 2100 (upgraded) bundle w/keyboard

From: Mike Oetting (mike_at_oetting.org)
Date: Sat Feb 14 2004 - 09:12:55 PST

Hi all

I've got a near-mint upgraded MessagePad 2000 which I'd like to offer to a
list member before auctioning it on E-Bay (a keep it in the family sort of
thing).

As a bonus for list members, I will include a 3Com Etherlink III Lan card
(3C589D-TP) with dongle. By all accounts this should work on the newton
with the right driver (installed), but I could never get it to work. It
did successfully work on my PC, so I think the HW is OK. I will also
include a set of floppies which came with the newton when I bought it last
year (including quickfigure works and ns basic - never used so I don't know
the condition of the software).

-----

The description I'm going to use for E-bay is at the following address
(includes a picture):
http://www.reflectionsofreality.com/ebay/newtonmsgpad.html

Some of the highlights include:

Newton MessagePad 2000 upgraded to 2100.
8MB Linear Flash Card
Lots of Preloaded Software
Newton keyboard in excellent condition. I'd call it near mint...
Newton Serial Adapter (Dongle) for use with Newton Keyboard or Serial Cable
Serial Cable for connecting Newton to computer
AA Battery Sled (can use Alkaline or rechargeable NiMH batteries)
Newton 2000 upgrade CD
UNNA archives CD set of Newton Software (Dated October of last year) -
purchased from UNNA.
Original metal stylus.
Flip screen cover

This Newton is in really good shape. I would rate it as an 8/10 (at least)
cosmetically, and a 10 out of 10 functionally. The screen has no scratches
or scuffs that are of any consequence. You'll be hard pressed to find a
newton in better shape than this one. The backlight still works great and
is very bright.

The Newton keyboard is pretty rare nowadays. It's doubtful that you'll find
a used one in significantly nicer condition, as I tend to take really good
care of my gadgets. On the back of the keyboard it says Newton Keyboard,
model X0044 with serial number PK7251656L5A.

I'm selling this gear to raise some money (currently a graduate student).
My Palm PDA will have to suffice, but it certainly lacks the panache and
superior operating system of the Newton.

NewtonTalk list member (or friend of member) asking price for the bundle:
$275 + 20 shipping (insured)
Paypal or USPS money order

Thanks,

Mike

Please email me with questions or offers to buy at mike_at_oetting.org

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html