Re: [NTLK] newtonpress for OSX????

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Feb 14 2004 - 07:11:16 PST

on 14/02/04 07:54, Robert Benschop at rbenschop_at_euronet.nl wrote:

> On 14-feb-04, at 2:18, J.S.Dennison wrote:
>> hey, I've had horrible trouble trying to get newton press to
>> install.....
>> as in... it won't. OS9 or X
>
> I just tried to launch in X, didn't work. Not surprising since I didn't
> use it since I installed Classic (got an error that it was missing some
> XTND stuff)
> So downloaded from
> <http://www.unna.org/view.php?/apple/software/NewtonPress/ForMac> and
> tried to install in Classic, didn't work...
>
> So rebooted in OS 9 and everything installed without the slightest
> problem, and Press now works under Classic as well, HTH.

There is probably some extension that won't install when run under Classic
but that (or those) extension(s) could probably be installed manually.
Still, I don't understand why it wouldn't install. Did you get any error
during the installation, Robert?

-Laurent.

elder days n.: The heroic age of hackerdom (roughly, pre-1980); the era of
the PDP-10, TECO, ITS, and the ARPANET. This term has been rather
consciously adopted from J. R. R. Tolkien's fantasy epic "The Lord of the
Rings". Compare Iron Age; see also elvish and Great Worm.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html