Re: [NTLK] Backups anyone?

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 19:58:32 PST

Hmm - understood.

I knew about the lifecycle of flash memory - it just never occurred to
me (foolishly so) that my card might have had a worn history... It is
something I will have to keep in mind.

I've moved almost all of my data to the internal store (removing NIE in
the process to make room), but I've hit a snag - the Dates information.
It seems there is no quick way of selecting all the Dates
(appointments, events, todos) items and file them at once. I'm using
DateMan - but I have to select items one by one in its listings (no All
button). But attempting to file more than one checked item in Dates
doesn't work - so I'm forced to file them one by one - and that will
TAKE awhile. It seems doing this from the Dates package itself would be
even more tedious.

THe file button in the storage items seemed like the perfect option,
and if I were trying to move everything to a card it WOULD be - but I
can't get it to move everything of a storage into the internal file so
I'm nackered there too.

Any suggestions regarding moving Dates items on masse between stores?

---
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html