Re: [NTLK] 3Com ethernet cards

From: John Osborne (tooz_at_oceanatlas.com)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 13:15:11 PST

I have received posts that this ethernet card should work with my
MP2100. However, when I plug it into my MP2100 nothing happens. I have
read that this is normal behavior for some 3Com cards but what bothers
me is that I get no link light on the hub when I plug in the cable from
the ethernet card (it has a RJ-45 dongle that plugs into the card). I
have set up an ethernet configuration with DHCP but I don't know how to
verify whether I got a lease from the server. I can't see my localtalk
printers (bridged to enet) so I don't think I'm connecting to my
network. Is this thing working? Where I'm allowed to select a card, I
only see 3c589 and a 3c589D mentioned--should there be a 3c589c entry
anywhere. I have also read the page @
http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/instructions.shtml and all the
pieces seem to be in place. It just seems that whether I have the
drivers installed or not, the card should be able establish a hardware
link to the hub though. Any advice appreciated. TIA

oz

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html