Re: [NTLK] Programming Question (protoLabelInputLine)

From: Daedalus (daedalus_at_digitalinkwell.net)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 12:14:22 PST

>> The baseView of the entire application is draggable (so you can alter its
>> position on the screen). But I can't imagine why that should cause
>> problems.
>
>Are you using one of the protos which are by default draggable or are
>you implementing the dragging yourself? The standard draggable protos
>should not cause any problems, at least I haven't seen this behaviour
>before...
>
>Eckhart

Hi Eckhart, thanks for responding.

My baseApp view is a simple clView. I did implement the dragging myself
(at least I wasn't having much luck repositioning the application without
doing so!) by putting a viewClickScript in the main baseApp (the clView).
 The code I use is this in the viewClickScript:

------
func(unit)
begin
        // lets you drag the application around the screen

        local limits;
        limits:= SetBounds (0, 0, 320, 480);
        :Drag(unit, limits);

        true; // Return true if click has been completely handled, nil otherwise
end
--------

So, no, I am not using a ready-made draggable proto. I think you could
pretty much test it out yourself by making a quick project in NTK, make a
clView base, put in a protoLabelInputLine, and add the above
viewClickScript to the baseView. The input line is perfectly usable
before the viewClickScript is added, and becomes useless once it is added.

(This evidently has nothing to do with linked subviews that I was
mentioning earlier. At least I'm learning something about the problem!)

I guess my question now becomes, how do people out there make clViews
draggable? Evidently the way I've done it presents some problems. I am
using the MessagePad 1.x build rules, btw.

Daedalus
http://www.digitalinkwell.net/

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html