[NTLK] Ethernet to Airport BaseStation [Was: EScale Package Install Help]

From: mark (mark_at_imap-partners.net)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 04:25:57 PST

On 12 Feb 2004, at 13:13, I wrote:

> Another idea (which I did think of myself, but not before hitting
> "send") is to connect the Newt to the BaseStation per ethernet
> (10/100BT wire) and see if the BS will serve it a slice of DSL per DCHP
> w/o encryption at the same time as the WLAN is running with WPA (ought
> to be possible in principle).

Well, I've just had a play with this and its "almost" working.

I have the Newt connected directly (per 10/100BT wire) to the Airport
BaseStation Extreme. I can initiate a TCP/IP dock connection. This
proceeds as expected and I get an IP address issued to the Newt
(10.0.1.3). Promising so far. Trouble is, I then get a "Choose a
Server" dialog, but no servers appear. If I close this dialog, I get
disconnected.

Anybody got any ideas ?

wtia,

mark.