Re: [NTLK] EScale Package Install Help

From: mark (mark_at_imap-partners.net)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 07:23:26 PST

I found this thread in the archives...

On Friday, September 12, 2003 at 16:40 PM, Jeff Elkins Nesheim wrote:

> I am having the exact same problem. TiBook with Airport, Newton with
> ethernet on a hub. I can connect through AppleTalk, I can use the
> keyboard pass-through, I can browse my mac drive via install packages
> on the Newton.
>
> When I intiate an install on either side, nothing changes on the
> Escale screen on the mac, the Newton hands at a blank progress bar on
> Installing package...
>
> Quiting Escale breaks the connection and gives me my Newton back.
>
> -Jeff
>
> On Wednesday, September 10, 2003, at 06:09 PM, David Abramowitz wrote:
>
>> No luck. I used the Escale OSX under the Vanilla folder from the
>> nightly build. Connection is okay (strangely though, it doesn't
>> connect with Dock TCP/IP 1.1, only the default Dock on the Newt), but
>> when I click on Install Package the Newt says Getting file list, and
>> that's as far as it gets.

I am seeing a problem that sounds like it is probably the same issue:

EScale (1.0.1 and nightly (20030910031501.tgz) tested)
Dock TCP (1.0 and 1.1 tested)
Newton MP2000
Powerbook w/ OS X 10.3.2

A connection can be established (TCP/IP via Dock), install package can
be initiated from the Newt or from EScale (browsing to and selecting a
package works), progress window appears, no progress is made. After
several minutes I get an error on the Newt (disconnnected). EScale
either hangs or quits.

Did anyone suffering this problem find a fix ?

wtia,

mark.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html