Re: [NTLK] Bad guys use PCs

From: David Schultz (evil_genius_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2004 - 07:52:37 PST

On 2/10/04 11:29 AM, "Larry Zasitko" <l.zasitko_at_sasktel.net> wrote:

> No there are no processor upgrades or accelerators for the Clamshell
> iBooks. I have seen sites that do show how to overclock them which
> looks pretty simple to do (if you can solder on a logic board) but you
> have to take it all apart. Hard drive also entails a fair amount of
> disassembly but people do it, and there are a couple companies that
> will also replace it for you. Other then that there are no other
> upgrades outside of memory (adding 512meg) or airport. You can add a
> external hard drive (usb) or burner but early Clamshells do not have a
> video that supports dvd.

The 800 by 600 resolution was the deal breaker for me. I had the graphite
special edition model, max amount of ram. Installed X, but with the HD being
so small and in need of an upgrade, the small resolution, and the problem
with the power plug breaking (Like the old wall street models) the first g4
powerbook I tried showed me the light. :)

http://newtonserver.no-ip.com
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html