[NTLK] Notes enhancement that links font/style to individual notes?

From: Calvin Grier (cgrier_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 08:29:48 PST

Question for the well informed Newton owners out there:
Does anyone know of a way to link settings for fonts, size, style to an individula note? I find that I'm often adding entries to Outlines or a Checklist, and each new entry I make goes back to the default font. This isn't as BIG of a probelm for regular notes, as there appears to be some override working to let new additions to an existing sentance or paragraph to use the old note font/size/style setting - but even this doesn't seem to work when the new text is "separated" from the old text.

In addition, it would be nice to preserve the settings for Text vs Sketch vs Ink Text when going from new note to old note. I hate looking at an older drawing, jotting an addition and watching as my Newton interprets the new drawing as text. Same goes for making changes to old text and finding that I'm still set for Sketches or Ink-text mode.

Obviously this is an annoyance rather than a real problem, but at this point I'm wondering if it is even an enhancement that would work in theory. It seems as if this would require information that's not stored in the newton now - like the text/sketch/ink setting that was last set for a given note.

Anyone want to make a guess if this is even possible?

--Calvin

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html