Re: [NTLK] Newton with Ethernet Bridge

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 23:56:38 PST

It is not really clear to me what your configuration is.
Either you have a LT segment, that means using LT hardware with the little
boxes for the junctions and connect that via Ether/LT Bridge to the Ethernet
segment or you have just your Newt using the LT connection to the bridge.
In case your Mec is connected to Ethernet, the AppleTalk setting definitely
should be Ethernet, no matter if there is a LT segment connected via the
Asante Bridge.
Keep in mind that AppleTalk is the protocol, that is used for both media,
LocalTalk and Ethernet.
So why do you want to switch your Mac to LocalTalk???
This would only mean that you Mac switches to the LocalTalk (serial) port
and tries to lsten there. But if nothing is connected what do you expect?

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html