Re: [NTLK] Net Hopper & UNNA

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 18:27:50 PST

on 08/02/04 20:59, Jeff Henry at j3ff_at_comcast.net wrote:

>> Is it possible to access UNNA through NetHopper? I seem to be having
> difficulties.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --
>> Chris O'Byrne
>
> UNNA from my understanding is hosted on a virtual server. This means that
> several other domains are hosted on the same server. They all share the same
> IP address. The server figures out where to go from the name. So if you get
> the IP address for UNNA and put the IP in your web browser you will hit a
> different site.
> There is a patch available for one of the web browsers I can not remember if
> it is hopper or newtscape. But that patch is supposed to work with virtual
> hosts. I would try searching the archives for it as I remember seeing it
> float past recently. Hope that helps.

The patch is named "ZNHPatch.pkg". It was written by Daniel Padilla, if I'm
not mistaken. Should be somewhere on UNNA.

-Laurent.

fiber-seeking backhoe: [common among backbone ISP personnel] Any of a genus
of large, disruptive machines which routinely cut critical backbone links,
creating Internet outages and packet over air problems.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html