Re: [NTLK] Bad guys use PCs

From: Norman Palardy (palardyn_at_shaw.ca)
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 12:39:08 PST

On Feb 8, 2004, at 6:28 AM, Jon Glass wrote:

> on 2/7/04 10:10 PM, Norman Palardy at palardyn_at_shaw.ca wrote:
>
>> That might be true in the PC world.
>> I've got 6 year old computer that are running the latest versions of
>> OS
>> X and all the new software for them.
>> 512Mb RAM and away we got.
>> Video conferencing and all kinds of other stuff.
>
> Sadly, it's true in the Mac world also. Try running Halo on your
> Pismo, for
> instance... I can't do it. :-(

Being a pinball lover I don't play many computer based games.

> So, either I upgrade my hardware, buy and
> X-Box or wait... Granted, I think that forced obsolescence has
> historically
> been a bigger problem in the Windows world than in the Mac. However,
> if you
> are still running Jaguar, try downloading and installing the absolute
> latest
> version of Safari! Well, you will find that it's only available for
> 10.3,
> and next to the download link is a link to buy Panther!!!

The Pismo is running Panther
The Beige G3 on my desk won't because Panther only supports machines
that came with built in USB (Blue and whites and newer)
So, it's stuck at 10.2
It's still useful though. Great little database server for my work

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html