Re: [NTLK] Bad guys use PCs

From: Anil (anil_at_thisiswhatwedo.com)
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 11:40:03 PST

Jon how old is your Pismo? Some of the technologies and concepts that
Halo uses weren't even around when the Pismo was released, so it is as
impractical as asking why a Mac Plus can't run Final Cut Pro? To wonder
why Halo won't run on your Pismo.

If you want to play Halo, the really simple solution is to buy an Xbox,
that's what it is designed for, and the cost is now £119 from Amazon
delivered to a UK address, not quite sure about Poland. About what a
really half decent video card for a Mac would cost.

As for the latest version of Safari, the feature parity is the same
except for one thing for most users. You can now resume downloads if
you cancel them or if, heaven forbid Safari crashes. So there is no
real need to upgrade from Jaguar to Panther, but if you want some of
the new features, features that have cost R&D dollars, several million
in fact then you gotta pay right?

The features that Jaguar users have paid for still work, nothing is
broken the apps you had when you installed Jaguar, they still work.

Panther is worth the money in my opinion, £89 is really a pittance for
the most important software you will buy for your computer. That works
out at £1.70 a week, and if a computer is important to you, then it's a
total no brainer.

I am not having a go at you, or anyone else but this talk of forced
upgrades is totally ludicrous, that fact that you are using a Pismo is
a testament to that. If you want the latest and the greatest, then you
have to pay for it, as I am sure no one expects things for free.

Just my opinion, and I am sure others will have different views, but I
think we can agree, no one is forcing us to upgrade.

Kindest regards

Anil K Solanki
United Kingdom, MP 2100, MP 130

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html