Re: [NTLK] Escale -28009 errors: a solution

From: scotty technoir (tick0001_at_algonquincollege.com)
Date: Sat Feb 07 2004 - 14:47:14 PST

On 5-Feb-04, at 1:03 AM, James Nichols wrote:

> I feel I must chime in - while eScale has not been a perfectly stable
> system, it HAS worked, I find that if an error occurs with escale -
> upon relaunching it claims that no connection methods are available - I
> wait 5 minutes, relaunch eScale if necessary, and the tcp/ip listener
> comes back to life.

i get this error constantly, but i also found a solution: after
installing a pkg, simply close the connection _immediately_ from the
newton. then simply re-connect. i can safely install multiple pkgs in
one session this way. but if i let the connection persist after an
installation, the connection crashes with the nefarious 28009.

scotty t

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html