[NTLK] Mail V, IMAP and Rogers.com

From: ADyson (ADyson_at_go.to)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 13:07:24 PST

BlankThis is my first go at using my Newton 2100 to access my email =
wirelessly. It seems I am able to send mail but I can't receive any. =
My ISP (Rogers.com) seems to be using a POP mail server. Is this the =
reason it's not working for me? I'm not familiar with IMAP and from =
what I'm reading the main difference is that IMAP allows you to =
manipulate your email from any computer since tha mail is resident on =
the server not your computer as is the case with POP mail. Rogers has a =
webmail interface. Can this be used as an IMAP server? I have tried it =
though and it doesn't seem to be working for me. Any help will be =
appreciated

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html