Re: [NTLK] A Newton! I've seen one.

From: Rhonda Hyslop (0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 16:16:41 PST

* Goodwin, Greg <GoodwinG_at_aafes.com> [ 4 Feb 2004 05:59]:
> All this talk of Newton sightings reminds me of the Atari sightings
> that went on a few years back. Eventually a site was dedicated to it.

Isn't that what just happened here? not a site, mind you, but a page on
the wiki :-)

> Newton sightings I can add to the list...

Although it's not a movie or anything, some of you may be interested to
know that the novel I wrote in November (on my Newton), the one I
mentioned when I posted talking about large creative projects on the
Newt, has a supporting actor you will all easily recognise... updated,
under a different name, and with a few extra features (but not many, I
couldn't think of much to add to our little green friends). While it
isn't a main character, it's much more than a bit part and shows up in a
lot of scenes.

A helpful NTLK member (thanks again Woody Smith!) even made a newtonbook
out of it for me :-)

http://paradox.homeip.net/~janra/writing/nano2003/ <-- if you're
interested... (It is a first draft and as such has a few plot holes of
varying sizes, but I think it's pretty decent for all that.)

-Rhonda

--
 www.write-on.indy || www.write-on.org   \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project