Re: [NTLK] Newton dbf - FROM " How many Newtons?"

From: Newtopia (MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 10:32:56 PST

Chris,

Great ideas!

I think it's pretty necessary to have the serial # of the unit, what I can
do is have a check-box to hide the serial number from being displayed at any
time. Would this alleviate concerns for submitting the serial number? Any
other suggestions for this?

Also, Chris has added additional fields which I think will only add to the
experience. I think I'll also add such things as OS revision and based on
the input, the user will be notified of a patch that should be installed and
the patch itself presented for download. A field for network cards, flash
cards, modems, ata cards, etc. and again present the user with the
appropriate drivers.

Let me know what you think about these ideas as well as any others that come
to mind and I'll have a meeting with my web design company that I use to
start the architectural layout.

Regards,

Paul Curtis - USA/OR
MP 120 v2.0/130/2100
Michigan State Spartans - Go Green! Go White!