Re: [NTLK] newbie questions (off list?)

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 08:50:53 PST

There are several issues that Newton users face
1. Install packages, Originally this was intended to use a serial
connection to a Mac or PC using Newton Connection Utilities (NCU) or
Newton Backup Utility (NBU). On the Newton side you need a Serial
dongle or SER-001. On the Mac side you need OS 7-9 or classic running
NCU or NBU and a serial connector.
Wireless or wired ethernet can be used once necessary drivers are
installed.
2. Backup all data on cards and internal (see above). Internal backup
can be done on flash card.
3. Syncing can be done with OS X through nSync, used to require serial.
see <http://homepage.mac.com/nowhereman77/hacks/>
4. How do you get ethernet packages on your Newt without serial.
Several list members have linear flash cards with necessary packages
available for loan, just ask.
Woody

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html