Re: [NTLK] FW: Re: Gem Enterprises selling info from my site ***This is my first post ever, please make this a group reply*** [LONG!]

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 05:55:07 PST

on 02/02/04 08:11, Robert Benschop at rbenschop_at_euronet.nl wrote:

> On 2-feb-04, at 11:29, Martin Joseph wrote:
>>> Since you email was addressed to 'Dear Frank et al.:' I concluded that
>>> you owe us 1900 CD-ROM's
>> Good luck with that one Robert.... Funny though!
>
> I know nobody would take this seriously (I don't, I'm a realistic) but
> I was quite surprised that somebody that takes such a 'I know the law'
> stance would make such glaring mistakes in the same email...
> At least amusing ;-)

And notice how he added in the last quote you posted that they were getting
out of the Newton business, "most likely this year, and as soon as this
month"?

I think you scared him, Robert!

-Laurent.

Evil Empire n.: [from Ronald Reagan's famous characterization of the
communist Soviet Union] Formerly IBM,now Microsoft. Functionally, the
company most hackers love to hate at any given time. Hackers like to see
themselves as romantic rebels against the Evil Empire, and frequently adopt
this role to the point of ascribing rather more power and malice to the
Empire than it actually has. See also Borg and search for Evil Empire pages
on the Web.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html