Re: [NTLK] FW: Re: Gem Enterprises selling info from my site ***This is my first post ever, please make this a group reply*** [LONG!]

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 01:34:33 PST

Hello Gary,

I know that a lot of people bought good Newtons and enjoyed good
service from your company and I don't want to hurt your sales in any
way, but in your posting you made quite a point that you are a lawyer
and that you conduct your business in an ethical way.

Now you answer me that I should reread your posts which makes me wonder
if you did this yourself. I think that the quote that I included should
have made you do exactly that.
But since there seems to be something that isn't clear I'll quote the
whole paragraph that you posted:

> FYI for anyone speculating, the Ebay information CD-ROM we have been
> selling for over
> two years and it was examined and approved by Apple AND Ebay's VeRO
> program and we in
> fact are Ebay VeRO members ourselves and this has nothing to do with
> your website.
> If you like, I will send you a copy for free as it has a lot of nice
> utilities. If I
> was taking bread off of your (Frank's) table I should be ashamed, but
> in fact I am
> not taking bread off anyone's table. I'm a bit surprised to see
> people hop on the
> bandwagon here and make serious assumptions as anyone who ahs dealt
> with myself or
> Gementerprises has been quite please with over $1,000,000 in items
> sold just under
> ILUVMYGTO and well over $200,000 of Newton equipment sold over the
> past three years.

You're talking about 'the Ebay information CD-ROM' and in the next
phrase you say 'If you like, I will send you a copy for free as it has
a lot of nice utilities'.
Now I can't see how the 'I will send you a copy for free' can mean 'I
said I gave the LINKS to the information for free'. I think that as an
amateur lawyer you should know.

Since you email was addressed to 'Dear Frank et al.:' I concluded that
you owe us 1900 CD-ROM's

I don't want to give you a hard live, I just quote what you said and
try to see if you stick to your word.
Hoping to get an answer that will address my questions.

regards,

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html