[NTLK] Abandonware: What ever became of military packages? [was Re: Beaming 10]

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 01:00:38 PST

>From: "Dan" <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Beaming 101
>Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 17:06:02 -0500
>
> >> But if it is "copy protected" you need to use a package on your newton
> >> that flips that
> >> one bit off so it can be sent to the PC as one package. The copy
> >> protection
> >> bit does not affect backing up with NCU or NBU though.
> >
> >This package is probably the most indispensable ever written for a
> >successful Newtun User Group meeting and is called EEUnProtect (on your
> >Newt it will show up as 'UnProtect:Eggs' and was written by our own
> >list dad.

Say, some time last Spring/Summer there was talk at NTLK about a Newton
former in military service with full custom-application suite. I faintly
remember some issue with it not being able to be uploaded to a desktop
machine, and now this EEUnprotect-thread brings back the memory.

What ever became of this story - have these apps been recovered? If so,
where can they be found?

Cheers,

DJV.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html