Re: [NTLK] Charged, yet not charged...and got ethernet?

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 00:12:37 PST

It looks like your battery pack is dead.
In order to get a bit more info, download the little tool BattTrax from Unna
and install it on you machine.
So you can check:
1) is the battery type detected correctly? -> should read NiMH
2) what is the actual state ? -> w/o adapter discharging, w adapter fast
charging, then trickle charging
3) what is the current during fast charging? -> should be around 1000 mA
during fast charging

If you connect the adapter to your Newt, the indicated capacity should jump
down first and then go up to 100%.

Of course there is also the possibility of having bad contacts.
Either one of the battery contacts - that would limit the charging current -
or the sensing contact -> no NiMH is detected then and no charging will
occur...

But with that little tool you can check what is going on with your battery.

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html