Re: [NTLK] HWR and communication weirdness

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 14:33:18 PST

On 29-jan-04, at 21:25, Newtopia wrote:
> So I think you have a conflict somewhere... Maybe start by freezing
> all of your packages and then trying. If that works, thaw one .pkg and
> try again, etc.

Actually good advice gone wrong: freezing is great for saving heap but
not meant for troubleshooting.
I think what Paul Curtis meant here is to start with all extensions
off. This you can do by hitting the reset button on the back and hold
your stylus about half an inch from the outer edge on the screen.
Eventually the question ' Do you want to activate the packages on the
internal store' will come up and you tap the 'No'
Put your stylus on the screen again immediately in case you have a card
and repeat the same.
Next you'll see that all icons in your Extras will have a cross through
them in Icon View or they will be in italics if you're in list view.
by tapping on any icon you can activate the one by one...

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html