Re: [NTLK] HWR in newton and other devices

From: Len Cole (leonard.cole_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 11:54:43 PST

Roman,

There's a lot out there. You could start with these, the first two of which are Newton/Apple-related while the remaining four are more theoretical:

   http://www.chuma.org/newton/ntalk-archive/sept2000/0152.html

   http://www.macobserver.com/article/2003/04/30.10.shtml

   http://www.cenparmi.concordia.ca/

   http://www.cedar.buffalo.edu/

   http://hwr.nici.kun.nl/

   http://cslu.cse.ogi.edu/HLTsurvey/ch2node2.html#Chapter2

But if you search with Google's Advanced Search page with the phrase "handwriting recognition" you will get tens of thousands of hits. You can further reduce this amount with the specific words "Apple" and "Newton", or "inkwell".

Hope this helps.

Len

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html